chickencam Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 Does anyone know of a way of recycling them? We have collected some for my neighbour's daughter who was giving them to a charity, but I have heard that these are often scams, she has taken several lots for her, but I am not convinced that she isn't now just being polite then throwing them away. I have done a google search and not really come up with anything. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 The art department at school had us all collecting them last year to make a huge mosaic. Once they had enough, I tried to find somewhere to recycle the rest but failed . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 We were collecting them at work for a lad who needed to buy a wheelchair. I had loads still at home after they'd got all they needed, so I just put them in the recycling bin. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 We can't put bottle tops in our recycling . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 Oh send them down here and I'll recycle them for you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bramble Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 I'm intrigued by this what sort of bottle tops? Mine just go in recycling (with the bottle!!!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 Wheels for junk modelling at school Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 18, 2012 Share Posted October 18, 2012 I'm intrigued by this what sort of bottle tops? Mine just go in recycling (with the bottle!!!) Milk jugs, juice cartons, diluting juice bottles etc. My recycling info specifically says "no bottle tops" . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted October 18, 2012 Author Share Posted October 18, 2012 So does ours. As far as I understand it, the caps are made from a different type of plastic and also because they are small they tend to jam the machine used in the first stages of recycling. I think some places are ok with milk bottle tops because they are a very similar plastic to the bottles themselves. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...