williamspencer98 Posted October 21, 2012 Share Posted October 21, 2012 Today is day 4, these are the candling photo links Please tell me which ones are fertile, infertile, and not sures. Photo 1 pic.twitter.com/uK9wKrSy Photo 2 pic.twitter.com/xRaWAtf3 Photo 3 pic.twitter.com/OBfATnUx Photo 4 pic.twitter.com/PDUglAwR Photo 5 pic.twitter.com/mJTCM4hY Photo 6 pic.twitter.com/qLiW66bT Photo 7 pic.twitter.com/Sjw1xXx8 Thank you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miller30 Posted October 21, 2012 Share Posted October 21, 2012 Hi the links to the pics are not working and you can candle some eggs at 4 days but its much better to wait until day 7 leanne Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kirstie Posted October 21, 2012 Share Posted October 21, 2012 I couldn't get them to work either. But like Leanne I would wait until at least day 7. I waited until day 10 and I can honestly say with both my hatches I didn't see the veins or anything clearly moving but what I did see was a black mass and I could tell the eggs with nothing in them. I was lucky as every egg that had a black mass hatched! So my assumption was non clear egg equals a chick! But obviously looking at day 10 the chicks were a lot larger and possibly easier to tell. Do you have any ideas on what you saw? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
williamspencer98 Posted October 21, 2012 Author Share Posted October 21, 2012 Thanks for replying the photos should work if you copy and paste into the address bar... Start at the pic.twitter address ignore picture 1 etc... One had a red worm like appearance One had lots of marks, cream in colour Thanks for taking the time to reply Will Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 I would wait a few more days, it will be much easier to see which are fertile. The red spidery lines are a good sign, but I would leave them alone for a few more days. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 For my first hatch on advice from an Omleteer expert I waited until day 10, then a friend helped me and it was clear which were fertile and which were not. Veins were clearly visible and in some eggs there was a lot of movement too, I thought it was wonderful For my two subsequent hatches I waited until day 10 again. Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted October 22, 2012 Share Posted October 22, 2012 Leave them till day 10 and check again but it sounds like you have at least one fertile one Day 4 is when the heart starts beating so unless you know what you are doing leave the eggs and check at day 10 so you arent fiddling with them when they are very vulnerable to changes I candle at day 4 but do it while the eggs are still in the cradle and I candle in rapid sucession, less than a second on each egg. This is really only to ensure that I get rid of the non fertiles quickly to make room for new eggs but if you have room in your incubator I really wouldnt go mucking about with the eggs if you dont know what you are looking for, leave it more time and you will see so clearly I promise Good luck with the hatch! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...