bluekarin

Raincoats for woofers

That's a lovely cosy coat, Shabby Chic. Tango is a tricky shape to buy coats for, luckily she doesn't really need to wear one unless it gets super cold. I guess that's the problem with being a mutt, she doesn't come in a regular size :lol:

I know exactly what you mean about 'irregular sized' dogs. Our terrier x spaniel is long in the body but short in the leg, only not as short as a daxy. Consequently I seem to spend hours each year adding bits onto coats or taking bits off. As you say it is lucky that crosses are hardy beings as His Nibbs just hates his home made items. :talk2hand: Despite all my ministrations when I put one on him, he first stands in the kitchen with stubby tail all tucked down low, then rushes about trying to s"Ooops, word censored!"e it off against the kitchen cabinets. :roll: I think he feels like I used to when I was 16 and my aunt used to knit me jumpers in home dyed wool, bless her. :lol:

Pop the harness under the coat and make a wee slit (c 1" long) in the coat along the line of the spine just behind the base of the neck / at the start of the shoulders. Then the lead can be clipped onto the harness through the slit. Just make sure you stitch round the slit to stop the coat material fraying - (close over and over stitch does the job just fine).