nannyhenny

Smallest pellets, please!

My 3 girls refused to eat conventional pellets (they didn't seem to recognise them as food at all) So I started them off on mash (lord, the mess!) and have now got them onto crumble which is better as they can't fling out the bits they don't fancy. I'd quite like to move them on to pellets now but think I need a small size pellet to start with so I can mix it in with the crumble at first. Can anyone advise as to the brand of layers' pellets that are the smallest size, please? The bags don't have any clue as to size - or a viewing window!

I have pekin bantams and have been very happy with the fancy feed pellets (which are suitable for bantams) The is a very helpful girl at their customer services. She sent me out various samples of the different types of feed and corn, no cost!!Her name is Victoria Kimber her number is 01371851490. Let me know how you get on! :D

most layers pellets are about 3mm. was it the size they didn't like or the brand.

If they refuse to eat them it's best to stop all treats for a while plus restrict their free rangeing to later in the day so that they have to eat their grub the will complain and grumble probably very loudly but you'll need to hold firm for a few days untill they get the message they won't starve themselves

Thanks for ideas, everyone. I shall try Fancyfeed first as it's easily found locally. I think it is the size of the pellets they didn't like as they aren't otherwise fussy feeders and have taken to crumb ok. Trouble is, it's expensive and difficult to find locally. I don't let the girls into the garden until afternoon and they only have their corn, veggies, porridge etc just before bedtime so I think they eat plenty of their 'real' food - as long as it looks right anyway!