Chortle Chook

Do your ducks mind the snow?

I've read somewhere that ducks don't feel cold in their feet. Does anyone know if that is true or is that just wishful thinking on my part. Keeping their paddling pool luke warm is quite hard work :anxious: Also I'm wondering if it could actually be harmful to them to have warmish water in their pond but cold snow outside. Perhaps a 'Slush Puppy' would be better for them :think:

HI Catherine its upto you really what you want to do i couldnt be bothered with the warm water and i know they are fine with cold we have snow down in the garden but as im using the hosepipe my ducks are running in front of it to muck around and get sprayed they dont feel the cold like we do but they can get cold feet because sometimes when its really cold mine will walk around for a little while and then sit down every 20 mins on their feet warm them up and be off again.If you think about it the ducks in the wild dont have lovely straw beds at night no pellets or corn and they seem to be ok in the winter ducks are a lot more hardy than people think leanne :)