sadietoo

Rock chicks!

I've been a bit worried about one of my older "gals" who has been looking rather sorry for herself lately and we had a visit to the vets a week or so ago. The vet couldn't find anything specifically wrong with her, so I brought her home and put her back with the others...I'm pleased to say that by this weekend I thought she was a lot less droopy, so I had started to think it was something of nothing. However, today they were out and about in the garden whilst I was cutting the grass, and I noticed she was shaking her head quite a lot and so I was consideringthe possibility of some sort of neurological disease, and that's when I noticed another girl doing the same thing. Curses, I thought (or words to that effect!)..something really nasty, and obviously infectious. Promising myself a thorough search on this site to see if I could identify the problem , I turned off the mower to empty the grass cuttings...and noticed the head banging stopped...turned the mower on again.. and it started again...off and it stopped. on and it started.... so apparently just like me they just don't like the Flymo either...anyone else noticed this? :D

Well, ours seem not to mind our loud, slightly smelly petrol mower at all, much to my surprise. They came from a fairly busy smallholding with kids and dogs running about and have always seemed pretty bomb-proof.

Earlier this 'spring' my husband trundled up and down the grass with a fairly inoffensive thing with spikes on a cylinder. [don't know the proper technical name for this gadget :lol: ] It makes holes to aerate the grass and make our soggy clay drain better after the wet winter. In theory :roll:

Anyway, the hens went absolutely wild and panicky, they hated it. No motor, just a steady click-click-click but it scared them to bits, poor girlies. :shock:

We have yet to try out our petrol strimmer....