Our black East Indian duck has gone broody and is sitting on a batch of eggs. She's in a duck house within the wir sectioned off from the hens. She's currently with the drake, but I plan to seperate him when then ducklings are due. I have been scouring the Internet, but all the advice is based on rearing the ducklings indoors. Will they be ok with mum? So far, I plan to get a small drinker, paint tray for the ducklings to swim and crumb for them to eat and to add some mesh to the wir to stop the littles ones getting out. Does this sound ok, or do I need to do anything else?

The ducklings will be fine with mum, she will protect them and keep them warm

I dont tend to give the ducklings anything to swin in for the first week or so as I have had a couple drown in the past

I give the duckings a low dish to drink out of (they do jump in it but there is no depth to it) and I give the mother duck a coop cup of water at head height so she can dip her head in something

Chick crumb is fine but most people say medicated crumb is bad for ducklings (though I have had no problems with it)