Valkyrie

Help re cats

Sorry mods - I don't know if I should put this on this section - and I won't be offended if you feel the need to remove this posting either.

My son is having to move out of his rented house - owner needing the funds as he has been made reduntant and is selling the house. Sadly it is 6 months earlier than my son hoped as he would have made plans to move in March when his rental term finished. I gather it is in order with regard to the contract as the owner was told that he wouldn't be able to give notice to leave sooner.

And here is the dilemma - he is moving back with us until the new rented house becomes available towards the end of October. He will be staying with us from the beginning of September but he has 2 cats. Hubby is allergic and doesn't like cats otherwise I'd have them like a shot. I just need to get rid of my hubby and there'd be no worries. My neighbours here are either dog or cat people (I can't see other cats enjoying the company of 2 more - fur flying everywhere). They are also indoor cats - not streetwise - because of the moving from place to place. You know how it is - your dad no longer can say no to a pet that you want so you get one as soon as you have your own place and all reason flies out the window. I think he realises that was a daft thing to do but he loves them and rehoming is not what he wants to do.

But I said I'd ask around for him - is there anyone in the B'stoke/Fleet/Aldershot area that would be able to temporarily look after 2 moggies. One is half Siamese and a bit shy. The other one is black and in your face nosey and wants cuddles. Both boys. They have lots of toys (spoilt little boys). I won't be offended if "Ooops, word censored!"ody is willing to take on the task - seeing as my own husband is adamant that they are not coming. Personally I'd say he needs to put them in a cattery for a while but my son was really shocked I should suggest such a horrible thing. Probably more expensive than him staying in an hotel too - he already has to fork out for storage!

I wish our youngsters could afford to buy their own homes - this rental lark is so unstable.

Can't help with the reforming, but there are several Catteries around here that don't just leave them in a pen all day, especially if tey are more house cats.

My friend flies for a living and takes her cats to the 'cat spa' :roll::lol: every week for a few days. She gets a good rate as it a regular customer. The cats have their own pen together, but come into the House everyday for cuddles. Might be worth a thought?

Thanks all - I have been PM'd with a few contacts for him to check out with regarding people that do pet sitting of sorts, so will be sending number one son those details so that he can enquire further. Very grateful for the input. Mwah xxxxxxxxxxxx

PS I still think hubby disposal would be the easiest option.

I keep thinking of cats with towels wrapped round their nether regions in a sauna Christian! :lol:

Also good idea for cat's protection league.

Patricia - it would be so unfair to throw 2 mogs into another moggie's home like you said all that stress. Poor thing! But thanks for the thought though.

Thank you. The little one is a month overdue for his injections (but being a house cat it was overlooked) so he can't be mixed with other cats. That I didn't know! He went into cat hospital to see why his breathing was bad - cost £800 to be told he's a healthy cat but probably has allergies. :roll: