paulad

Should I worry about mice ?

Hi there

Just found a mouse in the WIR this morning.

Now Im not really worried as I figure there are loads of mice out in the garden / garage anyway and at this time of year they are probably looking for food etc..

Just wondered if I should be worried or just let them all get along together - the chucks werent bothered by it

thanks xx

P.S. we always bring food in overnight

Hi paulad, hope your well, I had about three mice in the run over the summer and that was kind of acceptable but when I found the droppings in the grub and in the tray of the cube ....well that was enough for me! I was also worried the neighbours might complain blaming my chicken keeping rather than their own Huge massive compost heap next to my fence!!!!

I spent the weekend filling every teeny tiny gap in the fence and so far so good.....but let's see what winter brings :wall:

hi gavclojak

well i defo wont be doing that !! They live in the garden too - so i dont think you can ever stop them ?! My hubbie always has problems with them in the garage as he fishes and makes his own bait. So I knew they would be around

My neighbours are fine - their cats have been killing our frogs all summer so Im sure they will have a few of the mice too :lol::lol:

just wanted to check if there was any reason i shud worry but it seems not

I too have mice in the garden, I actually feed them! My WIR is towards the rear of my garden though so as long as they stay up that end and don't come in the house I just leave them be. In the summer I often sit and watch them running in and out of the chicken run. The chickens don't seem bothered by them at all.