Alis girls

Loft clearance!

I have a bag of old Jiffy bags :oops::lol: .

My parents' loft was cleared out a couple of years ago - without my knowledge - don't think there was much of any use and I'd already taken my stuff so at least I won't have that job when the time comes.

My own loft, however, is crammed to bursting :roll: . I've kept virtually every toy/game/cuddly toy my boys ever had. As they're both adults now, I'm quite glad - my grandchildren will want for nothing when they come to play - as long as they're boys :lol: .

Um, well I managed to get one pair of knickers that never fitted, one t-shirt and a handbag from DD. I did tell her the options and she went yeah yeah yeah. I said I'm not messing this time. So yeah yeah yeah, stuff bagged and put in the garage, other stuff bagged and put under the table. She has one week. OH has since back tracked and said we'll just keep it in the garage because we want her to babysit the chooks when we go away! :roll:

But the rest has gone to the Sally Army. I hope they can make use of it.

And then we were discussing getting our cooker replaced (it's nearly 18 years old - maybe more) and OH wants to keep the shelves for his smoker. I said oooh we can keep the trivetty bits and then I said nope, that's just hoarding - so just the shelves then!!!

Several thoughts here -

1 Whats a tribble? thanks

2 A new website to be set up "jiffy bag hoarders" - a site for relatives and hoarders to meet - and discover why they hoard used jiffy bags :lol:

3 Apparently Hennes the shop take bags of clothes and I've heard give you a £5 voucher for every bag. Please go onto their site for full details. YS needs some new clothes as growing rapidly and although has some of ES's cast offs he does like a few new rags to wear. I also found the vets like old towels for the animals as a comfort blannky after ops etc. Not sure if old knickers would be as useful :lol:

Um, little furry, purry balls of . . . well . . . quivering Tribbles. Multiply rapidly and they took over the USS Enterprise - wayyyyy before your time with the original Star Trek series. One of the funnier episodes. Captain Kirk opened a hatch and they all dropped on him in a huge pile - then people were chucking them out of the hole (OK the Tribbles were jumping out on him) and I think the people doing it out of sight of the filming were aiming at his head - one did heh heh heh!