sparkysmum

Achilles tendonitis + sports TENS ???

Wont bore you with the details but have had chronic achilles tendon problems for years. However has become so awful that even walking the dogs in the park gives me grief. Desperate to get running again and am currently using a friends "sports TENS" machine on a massage setting on the offending tendon. No clue as to whether this is a good idea or not but just thought I'd have a go. Would love to hear from anyone who might have experience of this machines or indeed advice re achilles tendon problems. Over the years I have had physio and acupuncture both of which were helpful to a degree but looking for cheaper solution now. Oh and Rock tape and heel lifts also good but not doing the trick :twisted:

Thanks in advance <3 Ax

I've not tried the tens machine yet on my Achilles tendonitis but I did have a short 6 session course of ultra sound therapy on it which did start to work but my physio wouldn't or couldn't extend it for another 2 or 3 weeks which the technician thought would help. GP has told me to hang fire on going back to the physios until my gout is under control. I've only had that since the summer and it's taking a while to get under control

I have a tens given to me by my physio over 30 yrs ago, I do have a more up to date one but the design hasn't changed much. They are very good for pain.

The best thing I have found all round for my poorly joints and inflamed ligaments and tendons is to walk in the swimming pool at the gym, helps massive !!

My Rheumatologist tells me off if I don't go regularly , ( his wife goes to my gym , and we do a couple of hydrotherapy classes together , so he gets to know when I don't go ) . I suppose we are lucky that our gym allows walking and jogging of lengths in the pool rather than swimming.

Must be good as the local Rugby Union club come in to jog every Monday.