sandyhas3chucks

blind ex bat had a stroke

Presume you found her on the floor of the coop in the morning Sandy? What was her body temperature like, because it may be hypothermia if it was cold and windy where you are?

When ours have had heart problems it has been a sudden death, but I can't say whether chickens can have strokes or not. Temporary loss of blood circulation could be for other reasons as well I think. We did have one last week who showed symptoms like he was having a stroke. He went very pale, couldn't stand and seemed totally unaware of his surroundings. He didn't improve.

Well poor old girl had just made house chook status, so wasn't col at all.. She was in the crate indoors and I lifted her down to the floor and she wobbled. Sent video to the vet who says she looks good colour is still eating but clearly some sorted neurological event, similar to dogs. Keep her safe from harm put food where she can find it.suggested vitamin a oily fish salmon oil. See how she goes. Thought the video more explanatory than seeing here on a table.