Purplemaniacs

Vodaphone

OH bought me an iphone for Christmas. We have been debating which provider to go with and have decided to use Vodaphone as a plug in box will give us coverage at home.

OH collected the Vodaphone sim from the local Car Phone Warehouse shop on Friday having ordered it on line.

Put in the phone and it said no service, waited as I am told it can take a few hours. OH rang on Saturday and was told it can take 72 hours. It is now more than 72 hours and still no service, I keep taking the phone on car journeys so that we drive into areas of coverage but nothing.

Any advice on what to do? Or is there something that we should have done and haven't.

I've wanted an iphone for ages but at the moment I feel like throwing it away :(

Thanks

Chrissie

Vodafone do gave poor coverage areas, but I think that they still have more countrywide coverage than any other network. They originally marketed themselves as the business network. We have been with them for years because it is the choice of OH's business. Their website and customer service are dire though. I would ask them to check coverage in your area and check the sim for a fault.

There's a thing you have to do online to register a new SIM - it says it's if you're switching your number but I have a feeling it's for new contract SIMs too. I've just done it with my Vodafone upgrade (brand new lovely Sony Xperia Z3 Compact which I got last week and yesterday it fell out of my pocket and the beautiful glossy back is shattered :( ).

Try this - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/sim-swap/index.htm

This happened to me!

I was told to get the phone to search for a provider (not sure how on an iPhone), & choose one that you DONT want, so O2 or whatever.

Let it connect, restart the phone then change the provider to Vodafone.

Just phone Voda up....they are very helpful & will talk you through it!

Thanks all. It is now working. OH spoke to car phone warehouse again and they spoke to vodaphone. Apparently there was a problem with the sim, they told OH that they had solved the problem and it should work within 24 hours. OH told the very helpful lady that he was very disappointed with the service. It was working within the hour.

I just need to master the iPhone now :D

Chrissie