clipclopboc

Pressure washer vs hose pipe

A pressure washer is worth having. Just that!

I don't use mine to clean the Eglu every time, it's easier for me just to get the hosepipe out and I find that does a good enough job but once or twice a year I give it a pressure wash. It's also fabulous for cleaning paving stones, garden furniture, pots, dirty masonry, and of course the car. Go on, you know you want one!

The neighbours backing on my garden have one too and apparently loads of paving stones in their garden or a million pieces or mossy garden furniture...

They use the *bleeping* thing at least two full weekends at the beginning of the season. So that's a four whole days of the drone of that pressure washer and of course the mist wafting into my garden. And I always discover their activity AFTER I put my washing out to dry..

Rant over!

Go for it! Get one! There is at least a whole sea between you and me! :lol::lol:

I only use the pressure washer occasionally as it is infectious - I end up doing the paving, decking, garden furniture and other bits and pieces at the same time! You can pick them up quite cheaply from DIY stores nowadays. I never find our steam cleaner is that great for anything other than the kitchen floor?

We had a Karcher pressure washer, which was brilliant for cleaning stuff but the pump housing split 2 weeks out of guarantee and the whole unit was s"Ooops, word censored!". It was plastic surprisingly, so the next we buy will be a Michelin which has an aluminium pump housing.

I did it. I went and bought a pressure washer. Not an expensive one, went with a reasonably priced one with good reviews. I didn't want to be bending and scrubbing to clean Gos and Classic, I do enough manual work keeping horses. Well, like you say, what can't you clean with it?! :dance: It'll be out again the next fine weekend. Money well spent.

I find a pressure washer great to clean my wheely bins, I do like having clean bins. Unfortunately then I also wash the car "while I have the washer set up", then I decide the decking looks grubby and wondering if the guttering needs a clean ...... by the end I have cleaned everything in reach and end up completely covered in muck/

Obviously I give my wellies a quick blast before packing washy away for another few weeks.

Yes!

I have a manhole just outside my garden gate door and washed all the dirty water over there. Then wanted to flush it down the drain and discovered that the paving stones of the council are actually yellowish! Not dirty grey! So did a few of those as well... :oops::roll:

Hahaha! :lol::lol::lol:

I did, no worries! I so desperately needed a shower... I had splatter all over! I didn't even get to pressure washing the Eglu roosting bars. The ladies were hiding in their coop anyway. Big scary yellow thing is to be feared!