soapdragon

Monkey Nuts Are Evil!

We have tried not to have more than nec in the house this year but always seem to fall foul of the festive season - I blame OH....he goes to the supermarket very early on Xmas eve am to get the perishables but clearly gets in a muddle as to which bible story he is shopping for. Instead of The Nativity he seems to buy for The Feeding of the Five Thousand so we are still munching through things I would NEVER normally buy well into the New Year.

However, most of the stuff seems to have gone, one way or another, by now so, with the boys back to school tomorrow, we are now back to usual (tho slightly less!) mode. I get on the scales every Saturday morning and last week was bad enough (even allowing for hormones :oops: ) so hoping to get back in control - or at least going in the right direction this week. I am allowing till the end of Jan to get back to pre Christmas weight and have been upping my time on the stepper every day! Doh :whistle:

Fox's biscuits are evil too. Someone take the tin away pleeeeeeeeease!

We cut down a lot from previous years but still we are overflowing with the naughty stuff. Mince pies were frozen so as we weren't eating them, the cream had to be thrown away. Hate waste but OH wanted to make a sponge cake and put cream in it - I blame him for wasting the cream! He decided there was too much to eat to bother doing another cake. We do have a lot of cheese though. But some has been frozen (as per the instructions of the lady who made it) and a lot has been vacuum packed. We had the outlaws and DD and her boyfriend over just after Christmas so a lot of cheese went then. Then we recently met the boyfriend's parents on NY's day for cheese fest evening (well we did have a yummy fishy casserole/soup beforehand - they like that sort of thing too, so we were on safe ground) and a lot more cheese has gone. Phew!

Today's lunch is salad for me. Dinner is baked potato with . . . cheese! :lol: