soapdragon

Monkey Nuts Are Evil!

I bought a bag of monkey nuts for the hamsters for Christmas. I hadn't had them for ages and decided to try one. Now there are no monkey nuts. Compulsive. Worse than Mini Cheddars!

That set me thinking about other people's festive munch or 'can't stop' nibble...........

Edited by Guest

I can resist anything except temptation! My way of managing is not to have anything in the house. Christmas is very difficult - Pingles, mini cheddars, fatal.

Sweety wise, it has to be Rafaello. I only discovered them last year, by accident, and I've found I will eat through a whole box on my own, very quickly, if I am not careful.

I never liked marzipan until one of the German exchange girls brought some Niederegger for us. Then I thought oh my it's fantastic. Still not keen on cake marzipan but DD bought me M&S marzipan yummies. And they were yummy. I scoffed the lot! "Ooops, word censored!"ody else eats it. On the other hand OH loves Turkish Delight. :vom: Well his is safe with me. Other than that it's the Lindt choccy balls. Bad bad bad bad bad! :lol:

OH used to go to Lubek regularly and thats where Niederegger - or however you spell it - comes from. Needless to say he brought back loads but now you can buy it over here. Its less sweet than cake marzipan and has a more crumbly texture....yum!

I think the plain choc that its encased in also adds something :whistle:

Ok, so I've eaten all the chocolate, used up most of the cream and finished off all the mince pies .. why oh why do I have this every year, where it feels like I HAVE to eat it all - even faster than I want to - so that it's out of the way before January? Obviously I have extended that till tomorrow when the week starts, as I just couldn't get through it all by 31st December ... tell me I'm not the only one doing this? :lol:

We have a whole shelf full of chocolate, which OH is manfully working his way through, I have helped a bit, but have about reached my chocolate limit. I think that dieting in January makes no sense at all, it is just not possible to eat all of the cake crisps and cheese. February makes way more sense.

I usually try to finish all my foodie presents by the end of the year, not sure why :?

This year we have been given so much booze and food, absolutely no way I can get through it all, especially as I have just had a beautiful 50th birthday meal at a little French run pub in Worcestershire, absolutely stuffed at the mo!