Groovychook

Cat with abscess, cautionary tale!

Our cat Basil got into a s"Ooops, word censored!" with a marauding tom on the farm.

Checked him over last night to find a wound behind his ear that had turned into an abscess. Cleaned it up as best as possible and made an appointment at the vets this morning.

OH was giving the wound a clean before we set off and...yuk, it burst in his face :vom: So horrific... it went everywhere :shock: Poor old Basil felt much better but OH was in shock.

Baz has been given a long lasting antibiotic jab and OH will think twice before tending to wounds in the future.

We have a Basil too. I feel your OH's pain - our cat (the one who's on the other thread of mine - not Basil) was scratching one night on our bed and his claw popped an abscess (fight wound) we hadnt noticed and covered me and the bed. Not a pleasant experience, :vom:

Thankfully never had dealings with dead badgers. Not many in London. And road kill aint my thing. Its not pleasant - I think I got some of the pus in my mouth which wasnt pleasant - 2 bottles of Listermint later and I was sort of ok. Used to smelly wounds being a nurse just not keen being sprayed by one.