sadieatthebridge

We have our chickens!!!! Now for the questions...

Good luck with keeping them all in. Why are you using vermex. It's not guauranteed to stop them getting worms . If you don't want to give then flubennvet, you're better off sending off a worm egg count every 3 months.

Also, stop giving them treats and just feed them pellets. That will give you some idea of how much they're eating. Mine are real gannets. I don't measure anything they eat. Some free range, some don't. They get very few treats, but eat loads of pellets, they are laying well at the moment though, and are all well covered

(Sorry that sounded really abrupt, just re readit. I meant try stopping the treats) :D

Thanks for all the advice. We have now stapled wire across the offending tree - so we shall see what happens tonight.

I weighed the pellets. They ate/spilled 14g on Friday. And around 30g yesterday. I've given them no extras today. They have an apple hanging in their run (ignored) and a pecking seedy thing (partially eaten). When I was in there earlier, Hetty was manically pecking at the rivets on my jeans, my bracelet and my toenails. Is this just because she is brave? Or because she is starving?!

I stand corrected re. the VermX. I thought it was a wormer. I shall buy some Flubenvet. Will 5kg of pellets do for the 4 chooks? (well, at the rate they're eating, of course it will!)

They like the rivets on your jeans because three shiny. They like bright shiny things.

5kg of pellets should be fine for 4 chooks, it needs to be enough to last them for a week. They mustn't free range or have ant treats or tonics whilst they're being treated with flubennvet. Whoever sells them to you should go through all this anyway. I have 20kg for 17 chickens and 2 ducks.