Chickabee

New run for ducks

I have 2 female ducks. A tufted and a Saxony. It was my intention to keep them on my rather large pond, but I couldn't catch them at night, as they would swim to the middle, where I couldn't reach them. Then sleep on the bank, making themselves fodder for foxes.

They live in an omlet low rise WIR with a large paddling pool a house for shelter/sleeping a plus feeding station and drinking/head dipping water. Trouble is there's not much room for moving about. I therefore want to put another door on the back and make them an enclosed run for the daytime.

There will be no grass, there will be some weeds. They might share with chickens. There will be different things to look at and explore.

Does this sound ok. They can't fly. Is there anything I need to give careful consideration

Sounds good to me.

We have Call Ducks in an eglu on the patio with a water container (indoor rabbit cage base) for them to splash around in. They are pretty happy with that while we have Avian Influenza precautions in place. In the summer they'll have much more room :)