Janepie33

Cruise holidays

Thinking of going on a cruise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and think we have found one that OH and I would both like to do, but i can't find out too much info about the company apart from a few negative reviews (people like to moan it seems) and the positive ones on their website. The company is called Titian Tours. Has anybody come across them?

I don't usually take much notice of negative reviews as I like to make up my own mind and we have been to some fabulous places that have had dreadful reviews!

Any info greatly appreciated.:-D

Have done lots of cruises but never heard of that one,or seen them in port. Cruise critic can be useful. Can you see if other companies do similar cruise and compare reviews, price etc. Generally there are many offering same itinerary and if this one is a lot cheaper there might be good reason. Also when checking ports some do not berth in for example Barcelona but in cheaper port perhaps a 2hour drive away so if you want to see Barcelona most of your time off ship will be in bus.

Janiepie33 that exactly where I am going in June,the Baltic cruise.I particularly want to see Copenhagen. My dad used to read the Hans Christian Anderson stories,and told me about the statue of The Little Mermaid and I really wasn’t to see it.I was originally thinking of holiday in Japan or Thailand but didn’t fancy being to close to Korea. Now this.......whatever will be,will be.The ship docks for St Petersburg and you have option of train excursion to Moscow which we hope to do.

4 hours ago, Grandmashazzie said:

Janiepie33 that exactly where I am going in June,the Baltic cruise.I particularly want to see Copenhagen. My dad used to read the Hans Christian Anderson stories,and told me about the statue of The Little Mermaid and I really wasn’t to see it.I was originally thinking of holiday in Japan or Thailand but didn’t fancy being to close to Korea. Now this.......whatever will be,will be.The ship docks for St Petersburg and you have option of train excursion to Moscow which we hope to do.

Sounds like the one I was planning Grandmashazzie!. How did you book yours? The one I am interested in seems to be on a ship called Columbus and can be booked through different agents - for different prices. Bit confused as very new to cruising!

Edited by Janepie33

I am going Royal Caribbean and you can book directly online although I booked via travel agent. We just booked a few weeks ago and the drinks package was complimentary at that stage. We have never had that before. If you look at cruise critic they have good reviews on that ship. I have used RC before with no problems. For me I do enjoy it as you are on a floating hotel and starting somewhere new each day. I have also been happy with food,entertainment etc. I tend to cruise place I wouldn’t want to go for more than a day. I would also recommend Norwegian fjords and my husband was very keen to do Alaska this year but Russia won so maybe that next year.

My DD works for a lovely company that do walking holidays.

She and DS have just come back from a fab time in Costa Rica and Nicaragua - loads of birds and sloths and monkeys.

They have different holidays for different walking skill levels if you fancy something different and I think she did mention cruises around Antarctica.

2 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

She does get discount but we've not used it.

DD has though and has been Yellowstone, Gran Canaria, Costa Rica and Nicaragua as holidays and they have sent her to China and Mexico (Guatemala and Belize as part of that) for training trips :mrgreen:

And the Netherlands! ;-)