5 hours ago, Avid-Myrtle said:

yes we got one before Christmas  & love it......when it was very cold I put a tap cover over the top which worked a treat!

I'm sorry I've been trying to figure why it needed the tap cover all day 😂 was hoping I'd twig on 😂😂 what does it need it for??! Sorry to be daft!

3 hours ago, GrannyTrish said:

I've just ordered one. It'll be handy for us when the (whisper it) shorter days come around and we come home from seeing our granddaughter.

Yes, I think my girls do prefer being shut in at night; I noticed that the door guard moves back into the pack so really glad to have it so they can all settle down for the night undisturbed, especially as mice had been going in at night (not since I chicken wired the run and bought a Grandpa's feeder tho!) :)

Edited by Natspringy

13 hours ago, Natspringy said:

I'm sorry I've been trying to figure why it needed the tap cover all day 😂 was hoping I'd twig on 😂😂 what does it need it for??! Sorry to be daft!

I've been wondering about that, too :lol:.

I always shut ours in at night, but in the winter when it gets dark late afternoon we'll still be visiting so the automatic closing will be just the thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avid-Myrtle said:

Sorry everyone! we had a tap cover over it when it was very cold to stop the motor from freezing as we were a bit worried. Hope that helps

So you do mean a cover for an outside water tap? Do you have a picture of it, please, or a link to one?

It's great isn't it?

Also installed a chicken cam so we can check on the girls whilst we are away. So reassuring especially having to leave one a little unwell (fine now and inlaws stayed to nurse her) but great this week whilst the neighbours are in charge. Also lovely to see them!  😊