AndyRoo

Bath bombs etc.

Hello all.

We have our niece and nephew coming to stay with us in a few weeks, and I've decided to make them some things like bath bombs and bath jellies to amuse them, along with their beloved 'slime' (don't ask) and silly putty etc.

But does anyone know if there's anywhere I can buy bulk goods such as soap glycerine? And I also need plenty of things like cornflour etc.

I've looked on Amazon but their prices are a little high so I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere specific that might sell those kind of bits in bulk?

Thanks

I get soap making supplies from a company called Butterburr and Sage (honestly!) in Reading, Berks. I don't have the details to hand but they have a website. Also Essential Oils Direct somewhere in the Midlands do similar. If they like that sort of thing have you ever come across hydrophobic sand? It's great and, I think, on Amazon. Good luck!

3 hours ago, soapdragon said:

I get soap making supplies from a company called Butterburr and Sage (honestly!) in Reading, Berks. I don't have the details to hand but they have a website. Also Essential Oils Direct somewhere in the Midlands do similar. If they like that sort of thing have you ever come across hydrophobic sand? It's great and, I think, on Amazon. Good luck!

I'll check that out later, thank you!

They already have some of the sand, but for Christmas I was going to make them some snow globes with their favourite things inside.

3 hours ago, Geoid said:

Have you tired eBay? Plenty of choice on there! 

Oh, yes - I've been buying things off there to put in the bombs (glitter, water beads, confetti, and those sponges that expand in water).

1 hour ago, soapdragon said:

If you use a company like Butterburr and Sage then you can order various quantities of different things all at once, their service is very good and things arrive quickly. And, no, I don't have shares ;)

It's good to know somewhere like that. I've promised the kids bath bombs, bubble bars, soaps, and some bath jellies for my nephew. I have my work cut out for me. I think I'm just going to stick to simple things like glycerine soaps etc. If I got too fancy I think I'd turn all mad-scientist.

11 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

That looks yuk and fun!  How about making bread rolls/buns - that blue goo looks just like dough!  Although eating it would not be quite as pleasant!

It's got glue in it, so I wouldn't recommend taking a bite. lol

:vom:Yuk no!  I meant proper yeasty yumminess!  LOL!  Then you can eat it all. Cinnamon buns even!  My daughter makes good cinnamon buns - pity she doesn't live here now - just fancy one!  On the other hand just as well - I should be cutting down a fair bit!

11 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

:vom:Yuk no!  I meant proper yeasty yumminess!  LOL!  Then you can eat it all. Cinnamon buns even!  My daughter makes good cinnamon buns - pity she doesn't live here now - just fancy one!  On the other hand just as well - I should be cutting down a fair bit!

I'm not so good with things like breads and buns, but I make good cakes and really good fudge brownies (IMHO).

I'm going to have a go at macarons this weekend. This could end in tears.