patsylabrador

Gig at the dome..... or not.

I like a musician called Leo Moracchioli. I really like what he does so I was very excited to see that he will be performing at the Dome on his own and not in a festival. The tickets are relatively cheap and so I bought a couple for me and OH. Then I got to worrying. His fan base is global but nowhere near big enough to fill the Dome and it might be a bit awkward and I imagined people sprinkled randomly around the arena. Then I thought it's usually called the O2 Arena. Then I realised it's The Dome, a small venue above a pub in Tufnell Park. More like the Garage or the Electric Ballroom. Bit of a comedown. I expect we'll still have a great evening. What he does is a lot of fun. 

I agree too actually. The Garage and Electric Ballroom are the only small venues I've done. They were both dives with expensive beer and grotty loos but they were great and we had a great time. I think I'm looking forward to it more now. The only band I want to see at a big venue is Babymetal and I want to see them at Tokyo Dome but I don't think that's going to be possible. There's a Genesis tribute band that does small venues and we planned to do that this year but this year is slipping away. That's pretty much my music plans although OH does keep mentioning the Nutcracker so maybe around Christmas. 

Small venues are great. We were in Florida at Disney about 16 years ago and as we were leaving noticed a sign for gig that night Robbie Williams. I asked if there were any tickets left, oh plenty said the girl. ‘ it is Robbie Williams from England’ I asked. Oh yes. It seems no one had heard of him, so we went, it was great, there must have been 400 people.

• Like 1