AyeAyeMagpie

Eglu Modifications

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread of modifications that have been made to Eglus. I have the Mark 1 Cube and its previous owners retrofitted a partition to stop chickens sleeping in the next box. I'll take some picks and add later today. My own improvement to my cube has been to solve the issue of losing bedding down the big, gaping drainage hole in the nest box. I bought a set of silicon placemats off Amazon, they were really cheap. They were sold as a set of 4, I only needed one but I'm sure I'll put the others to good use elsewhere. 

The mat fits really neatly to the bottom of the nest box and acts like a seal over the hole. It's super easy to remove, clean and dry. It's also colour coordinated with the Cube so almost looks like it's part of the kit.

20180929_080912_zpsutgej7na.jpg

20180927_124901_zpshgo4nznv.jpg

20180927_125035_zpszpixjika.jpg

Edited by AyeAyeMagpie
  • Like 2

It's just wood pellets. We're trying out different bedding materials to see what works bestfor us. Tried Carefresh pet bedding first (which was great but super expensive for the volume I used), now trying this and yet to pass judgement. Trying to get hold of hempbedding locally to give that a try next, I've heard good things but don't want to pay delivery from online orders. 

• Like 1