Hi I am new to keeping chickens and have and Eglu Cube. I have 6 growers (2 orps, 2 silkies and 2 pekins) all about 13 weeks old now. We have been really lucky with the warm weather but as it gets colder at night Id like to ask people what they put in the cube on the roosting bars if anything to keep the chickens warm. I have sawdust in the nesting box only but they are not going in there yet. I have bought the omlet cold weather jacket already. All ideas welcomed, thanks in advance. 

I just use aubiose all year round.   Straw etc encourages nasties.   Chickens run at a higher temperature than we do so don’t feel the cold in the same way.  My bantams  perch outside in the run rather than use the cube until it gets down to minus 5 or so!  They don’t like wind though so nip inside when it’s blowy.  I only close the cube door when it gets to about minus figures and they are inside. 

You don’t need the extreme weather jacket really.  If yours are less hardy than mine, just close the coop door.  And always leave plenty of ventilation as that can cause problems.  

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'll definitely keep the run covered on the sides with a clear tarp but keep the door end open to let plenty of air in. I see what youre saying about the extreme weather jacket. We live in Suffolk which is generally the warmest place in the country. Would save £80 too!!! So I will send that back i think. I'll try aubiose next then. Thank you again.