Sign in to follow this  
AndyRoo

Eglu Cube for Ducks

Soooo, after a lot of pleading I might be getting some pet ducks. Does anyone keep their in an Eglu Cube? I'd keep it propped up on breeze blocks - so not as high as a normal cube - and build a custom ramp for them to get up and down... but I wasn't sure about the roosting bars?

I'm weighing up this option vs. a normal wooden duck house.

I've had ducks for 9 years and a week (they were a birthday present :lol: ) and bought a Go for them, on the basis that it has the flattest tray. They also use the Rablu if they're out on the lawn but I wouldn't put them in the Classic or Cube because of the roosting bars, I think their feet would get stuck between the bars.
We've had commercial white ducks and now have Call Ducks and to be honest they usually sleep on a pallet on the floor of the walk in run, rarely use the Go.

If you take the roosting bars out of a mk1 Cube it has quite a step down and there's a partition between the trays so not ideal. I haven't seen the new Cube so not sure about that.

Thanks Lewis. I did wonder about their feet. In which case, I might just get them a 'normal' duck house. I'm going with some Campbells. Apparently they're very quiet and very tame - plus, lots of eggs.

I was told by a breeder that Call Ducks are called 'Call' for a reason. I think my neighbours might bury me under one of their patios if I got birds any noisier than the chooks. Which I am already considering putting up a noise reducing fence around their new pen. For the first time ever the other week, I heard them singing their egg song at about 6:30am. That was from our bedroom at the front of the house, and I happen to know my neighbours both have their rooms at the rear of the house! :/