alih

Recurrent gapeworm problem - does Ivermectin work?

Daphne has gapeworm again. The hens have been getting it on and off since I got them in February, despite being regularly wormed with Flubenvet and all other precautions I have always taken with previous hens - moving the run, retreating, disinfecting etc.

She is going downhill quickly and I am wondering whether Ivermectin can be helpful in cases like this? If so can I buy and administer myself in theUK? I am at a loss as to what to do to get rid of this persistent pest. 

Edited by alih

Thank you. I'm at a loss then, as I have been worming with Flubenvet but it keeps coming back and this time the Flubenvet seems to be making no difference. If anyone has any experience or ideas that might help I would be very grateful.

I'm using the 1% and dosing as per instructions. It has all the hallmarks of Gapeworm - gulping, head shaking etc and she has responded to treatment for the same symptoms with Flubenvet previously. Not been to the vet yet.