Lovemychooks

Yellow legs and feet

Hi

One of my ex-bats is exactly the same. I've had them since April but about three weeks ago Mavis's legs turned bright yellow. She was, and still is, eating and drinking fine, but she did become a bit slow and 'depressed' about the same time She's as right as rain now but still the yellow legs.

I'm not sure if she is laying at the mo., and I have wondered if the yellow legs meant that she has finished laying. I read that their legs are yellow when they are young, before they start to lay, so perhaps they turn yellow again when they have finished ?

Only a theory, I'm probably wrong, we'll have to keep each other up to date on the state of our chooks legs :lol: .

Nicola.

One of my ex-bettery girls has very yellow legs too and i was quite worried, however she is fully feathered and eating & drinking really well but she doesnt lay anymore.

Im not bothered about the eggs just as long as she is happy. :D

Your chook may be the same - see if you can work out if she is laying.

One of my ex-battery girls has very yellow legs too and i was quite worried, however she is fully feathered and eating & drinking really well but she doesnt lay anymore.

Im not bothered about the eggs just as long as she is happy. :D

Your chook may be the same - see if you can work out if she is laying.