Oneillsa

Single Hen

Hi everyone. 
this is my first time posting and my apologies if this is not the correct forum.  
we lost two of our three hens to foxes today and I'm worried about our remaining hen being on her own. 
Ordinarily, I'd replace them ASAP, but due to lock down the earliest I can get some is 21st April. 
Am grateful for any advice on how to keep her healthy and happy, as I'm aware single hens do not thrive. 
thank you. 

Hello, and welcome :)

I am sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you are aware that she needs friends. The 21st isn't too far away, but if you can give us a rough idea of your location (don't tell us where you live) someone on her may possibly know of some hens looking for w new home.

Good luck with finding her some new friends.

4 hours ago, The Dogmother said:

Were they caught out in the garden, or was their coop/run raided? If we have an idea, then we can help with security suggestions.

Thank you @Beantree  @The Dogmother they were free roaming in the garden.  I usually round them up around 5pm, but was later yesterday.  Dogs went bezerk around 5:30, went outside and tell tale feathers on the lawn.  Am surprised the fox took two.  They have a large, secure run and we only let them out of there for a few hours a day 😢