Hi all! 

I am thinking of investing in a walk in omlet run with base for my bunnies so they can have plenty of space to play, but I am worried that eventually the base will clog up with droppings. How do you deal with that. Or do bunnies usually mess in their ‘bedroom’ as they do now? Thanks

On 4/16/2020 at 3:38 PM, Kate said:

Hi all! 

I am thinking of investing in a walk in omlet run with base for my bunnies so they can have plenty of space to play, but I am worried that eventually the base will clog up with droppings. How do you deal with that. Or do bunnies usually mess in their ‘bedroom’ as they do now? Thanks

You can housetrain bunnies, although not all bunnies are very good at it. But providing a large low box with straw will often work. Consider placing the run on paving slabs for easier cleaning.

Edited by Cat tails

As a newbie to keeping rabbits I , personally don’t like the Omlet run for rabbits. My daughter has standard size attached to Omlet classic or whatever rabbit one is called and I don’t like that they are on the mesh run on the base. I would be concerned re injury to feet and I think it is too small.

I have 5 mini lop x breeds. We have a 3x2 covered and paved enclosure and have attached the 3x2m low walk-in omelet outdoor run and am about to upgrade it to the tall version for the sake of my back. I have put paving slabs around the inside edges of the omlet with grass in the middle. This seems to have worked. I dug out a section of the grass in the middle and put some short ceramic pipes in which they love to zoom through. The pavers around the edge seems to have resolved any issues with digging.