Hello! I’m brand new! 2 Pekins 3 Silkies and 1 Wyandotte. I got them last weekend and none of them will go to bed! I have to pick them up every evening out of the run and put them by. They come out in the morning just fine. I have tried the light in the coop what else can i do please.. I am quite sure this has been asked a million times apologies in advance! 

Hi, welcome! So I also have silkies, and the same thing happened to me, I am not sure why but they wouldn’t go to sleep, so every night for about a fortnight i had to pick them up myself, just so they knew the routine, and also so they realised the hours of day they are meant to go to bed. Assuming they are probably still young, they probably don’t understand yet. Good luck! ☺️

Thank you everyone I apologise I see I put this question in the wrong place, I am figuring out how to use the forum I also didn’t get notifications I had replies! It’s an eglu go up.. I will try the perches thank you. They are all 14 weeks old so yes young and figuring it all out but I keep finding them huddled in the rain going to bed! Since I’ve posted the new black silkie has put herself away which last night for the first time promoted the Pekins and the Wyandotte to also go to bed which was not easy they all banged and crashed around with a few attempts before they got it right lol but the other two silkies just sat in the rain! I’m having so many issues trying to keep the go up coop dry I’ll look through the other threads and see what I can find to help. I put plastic roofing sheets on the top but it’s still all coming in the sides I’m now really regretting not getting the cube I think as the run sides don’t look anywhere near as sloped! Thank you for all your help