Jen346

Finally joined the club

We officially joined the club today.

The world's best bargain arrived (second hand mk1 cube with 4m run & thermal cover & 1m run cover) .. after spending all morning in the freezing cold assembling it it was time to go and pick up the girls 🥰 (who will eventually be joined by our 5 day old chicks when they are big enough) 

Now on the lookout for automatic door & chicken camera with live view (so I can check at night) and it will be perfect 🤣

20210210_120743.jpg

20210210_143919.jpg

20210210_171203.jpg

20210210_171244.jpg

20210210_173636.jpg

20210206_214436.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely photos 😊

You did well getting all of that second hand - it looks in very good condition.

I bought my Omlet autodoor new from Omlet and have had no problems at all, but some people seem to have a lot of problems with theirs.

I also have bird box cameras in the main cube and the egg box so that I can see what the girls are up to at any time, on my phone.

I would really like one in the run at some point but might do that when my new chicks go in there with my older ones.

Your bigger chicks look very settled in their new house and your teeny chicks are just adorable.

I think you will get a lot of eggs.

Enjoy watching your girls with your cups of tea, love the mug btw, you will soon see time disappear before you very eyes :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luvachicken said:

Lovely photos 😊

You did well getting all of that second hand - it looks in very good condition.

I bought my Omlet autodoor new from Omlet and have had no problems at all, but some people seem to have a lot of problems with theirs.

I also have bird box cameras in the main cube and the egg box so that I can see what the girls are up to at any time, on my phone.

I would really like one in the run at some point but might do that when my new chicks go in there with my older ones.

Your bigger chicks look very settled in their new house and your teeny chicks are just adorable.

I think you will get a lot of eggs.

Enjoy watching your girls with your cups of tea, love the mug btw, you will soon see time disappear before you very eyes :wink:

I also have the Omlet autodoor, purchased new last summer, I would recommend it. No problems so far and with some high capacity AAs (preferably rechargeable) it keeps going for months, even with the Omlet auto coop light. That being said the recommended mounting point for the control box on a MK1 is awful (in my opinion), difficult to access for maintenance or just changing times. I'd mount it on the outside of the run.

I'll be following this post closely for camera recommendations, I hadn't thought of using a bird box cam. 

P.s. the setup and chicks look lovely

• Like 1