I’ve decided I’d rather go back to having my girls fenced in to an area of the garden again rather than allowing them to go absolutely wherever they like. I love them but I’d like to be able to grow things without having to have every plant so surrounded by protection that you can’t see it! 

I currently have the old Omlet fence, which I fine when I’ve clipped their wings, but it’s not really long enough. I’ve just looked at buying a new one from Omlet but their fence has changed and the new one doesn’t get very good reviews.

Can anyone recommend anything? Needs to be able to go on uneven ground, and be moveable but not electrified.

It may be cheaper to knock something up (or, better still, get someone else to do it!) A friend of mine in our village had the same prob and ended up asking a local handyman (her OH isn't into DIY!) to make wooden frames which were then 'covered' with wire  - not sure exactly what was used - and they were then tied together and anchored with metal tent pegs so moveable. She was very happy with the result as it was tailor made, exactly what she wanted and worked really well. Just a thought!

We have an old Omlet chicken net and others from the local store in France when they are on special offer. We've only had one fly over once and it was because the net sagged too much between posts so we added posts. We did try panels as Soapdragon described, as we have a dozen or so that link together with posts, but the bantams were straight over them because they give them a hard surface to jump up to and then jump off to the other side; they are 1.2 metres high as well, same as the nets.

Would ordinary poultry netting from a farmstore be good enough?  Its bascially the same as omlet netting and tends to come in 25m or 50m lengths, with poles.

Perhaps I should add that is what I used to do, but I'd had the electric versions.  They were all much of a muchness.  Mine came from different places, online or the local store, which was Scats, but I don't know if they exist anymore!

Edited by Daphne

Yes Daphne it would be fine. I’ve just found some that’s nice and high made by a company called Voss. I’m going to initially try to cobble something together using actual chicken wire for a bit I can’t see.

Camilla flew over the Omlet fence (nicely taught so 1.2m high) this afternoon after I had clipped her wing 🙄