Gezsan

Hens stopped going in Go at night

Hi, had 3 hens about 2 months in an Omlet Go - every night they’ve gone in to their house at night no problem. All of a sudden the last 2-3 nights all three of them are sleeping out on the roost bar in the run. The house is clean, tidy, (despite them always throwing the straw everywhere) and not sure any predators are around. Anyone know why they would suddenly stop wanting to sleep in their house? Mites maybe although I thought the Go wasn’t prone to mites? 

and is it a problem? I mean they seem happy enough, all snuggled together on the bar, they’re secure in the run but obviously fairly exposed to predators. 

Any suggestions or Advice? 

Hi there, 

New here! have had 3 hens for a couple of months in a eglu go. Have been sleeping in house always, yet the last 3 nights all 3 of them are just sleeping on their perch in the run. 

anyone know why this would be, or if it’s even something I need to worry about? They seem happy enough, and protected in the run but seems a bit odd? 

thsnks! 

Edited by Gezsan

Can’t see any evidence of rats. One of the chickens has been ‘shrieking’ quite loud recently which I thought sounded like a warning cry. But I’ve not seen any predators around. 

id have though if there was predators around, they’d seek security in the house?