Shirl Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 Well after posting how Mr Fox had taken 3 of my girls on Wednesday night, I'm happy to report we have found 2 of them! There was a commotion last night when we put the dogs out to the loo. Well they had managed to find and attack Peppa. Poor little thing was looking very begraggled but alive. We then trotted up to bed but one of the dogs wouldn't stop barking. She wanted to place chase the chook again so I put her outside to show her it was gone. Well she kept sniffing around the shed so I got a torch and there hiding was the other pekin. She looked in much better shape because she hadn't been had by the dogs. Both girls spent the night in a cage in the kitchen because its got a heated floor. This morning I put them back in the cube. They spent all morning in the nest but I picked Henny Penny out at lunchtime so she could have food and water and Peppa followed. They did get pecked a little by top chop Cocky Locky but I don't want to free range them for a while so they're under cube arrest. Unfortunately the OH then looked down the back & sides of all the sheds and found Rapunzel's body (minus head ). So it looks like the fox didn't actually have anything to eat. The poor girls had spent a night in the garden alone but I'd never have found them but for the dogs even if they did rough poor Peppa up. Thanks everyone for your support it means so much. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Leicester_H Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 What great new - I'm so please. They'll have to have some extra special treats ?? H Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 I'm glad you have got 2 of your girls back RIP Rapunzel karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 That is good news. Sorry about poor Rapunzel though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Krysia Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 Really chuffed you got 2 back! That's fantastic news! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley-Jean Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 Good news for two of your girls. What a worry sometimes though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted November 9, 2007 Share Posted November 9, 2007 That's brilliant news - you must be so relieved. I'm sure they will soon get over the experience with a bit of TLC. No need to worry about having two banties in a Cube now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...