Guest grd

One Summer

This is probably going to be one of those posts where no one has a clue what I'm on about and just dismisses it as another grd meandering... :roll::D

Anyone remember "One Summer" - a Channel 4 drama series from 1983? Some of you girls must remember David Morrissey and Spencer Leigh! Billy, Icky, Kidder.... ? It's coming out on DVD on 23rd January.

http://one-summer.tv83.net/index.htm

Yes, I remember it ,it was fab :D

It was one of those that was talked about in the playground for weeks afterwards.

Didn't they die in a car crash at the end, or am I getting it confused with something else?

Shame it isn't being shown on TV again, but I might hire out the DVD sometime

Are you going to spash out & buy it grd ? :D

Yes, I remember it ,it was fab :D

It was one of those that was talked about in the playground for weeks afterwards.

Didn't they die in a car crash at the end, or am I getting it confused with something else?

Shame it isn't being shown on TV again, but I might hire out the DVD sometime

Are you going to spash out & buy it grd ? :D

Yes!!! Thank you Cinnamon (Sarah)! It was Icky that died in the car crash at the end. I've placed my order already! :D

Sorry Graham, don't watch much telly, so didn't see it and can't comment (for once :wink: )

Meander?

You? :wink:

Well this was 1983 Clare. You were probably down the over-50s club.... :D

:oops: Whoops! :oops:

Sorry for spoiling the ending !

It is still worth watching - a really top piece of drama :D

this has got me all nostalgic - does anyone else remember "Another Country" with the divine Rupert Everett & Colin Firth (I think :? )

I would love to see that again too.

Blimey - yes!! What a fantastic film that was (and still is). I've got the DVD of it, but had to get it from America. :?:D

Well, we don't need to watch it now we know who died anyway! :lol:

That is always my argument when someone tells me I have to see Titanic :roll:

Why bother doesn't the boat sink :oops:

As Albert Camus says in the book "The Myth of Sisyphus", where Sisyphus pushes a boulder a mountain only to have it continually fall to the bottom, it's not getting to the top that matters, it's the pushing that counts. A poor analogy, I know. :roll::D But although you know the end of the story, it doesn't necessarily nullify the content. (Now this IS meandering.... ! No yawning at the back please!) :D

That is always my argument when someone tells me I have to see Titanic :roll:

Why bother doesn't the boat sink :oops:

The Hubby will only watch Titanic up to the bit where Kate Winslet in naked & being painted.

He says that, as far as he is concerned, the movie couldn't possibly get any better than that :roll:

I'm still not gonna watch Titanic grd :lol:

Actually, I never wanted to watch it either. The more things are hyped, the more I shy away from them. But it was on one Chsristmas so I watched it and, errr, actually quite enjoyed it. :roll: