craftyhunnypie

Manchester xmas markets

Oh yes! Hubby has already put in his order for a little blue jug!!!! :roll: Mum wants one too. We're going mainly for my mums sake, as she wants some German foodie bits & some last minute bits for me & my sisters Santa sacks. I have had some Christmas money off my friend & my Father in law - so will buy something nice with it. I'd like a jumper & some nice trousers or a skirt from Per Una - love their stuff!

I will of course have another choccy fruit kebab too!

If my sister was with us, we'd be going on that ice skating rink too! he he

Emma.x

I'm back!!!!! We didn't get back unti 6.45pm!!! We went on the 9.07 am train - we've walked our little legs off!

We had to buy a big bag for life each to carry all our stuff!

It was the best day to go - as the last day & loads of reductions!

Bought 2 Amarylis bulbs & Santa pot for £3 the lot.

Bought a bag of belgian chocolates - normally £6, down to £2 - they are divine & each one is huge!

We each bought one of those gold tealight twirly angel candle things - reduced to £5 - Eglutine will remeber these!

Some boots from Primark, as my feet were cold - £6

Scarf £2 off the market

Earring & necklace set - £3

Sugared Almonds - a bag each!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm

Nail varnish & lip gloss set £4

We had GLuhwein at THE SAME STAND - BUT THEY HAD NO MUGS LEFT - THEY SOLD OUT ON SUNDAY!!!! Mum liked the singing reindeer head & zippy dressed as Santa on the town hall!

We then had some pan fried potatoes with raclette, onion & sausage - yummy!

For pudding we had some mini dutch panccakes with chocolate sauce & cream - they were soooooo delicious!

We bought some German biscuits too

We then went to Selfridges - mum bought some snow to throw over her tree!

We went round the food halls - mum got a dressed crab for dad - yuk!!!!!!!!

I got some indian snacks to have with our tea tonight & some pate for Christmas day.

We also got a 3 Lindt snowmen between us - as they were on offer.

We saw some scorpions in vodka in a bottle & some cans of crocodile curry!!!! :shock:

Oh & we got a mini helicopter for the men in our lives to play with on Christmas day - they were very very good!

Got some earrings from cLasires for New Years Party.

Didn't get my jumper I wanted - will wait till after Christmas now!

Exhausted now!

Emma.x

Wow !

Sounds like a great day. All those bargains too.

I do wish we could buy really good "street food" all the year round in this country. I remember the cheese dish from last year. Wonderful on a cold day.

No one must mention this, as Martin may look at the thread but I have to admit to sneaking back on Monday morning to buy him a cockrel mug to go with my chicken mug. How Howard and Hilda is that :roll:

What a shame about the mugs. I think it just means that we need to meet up again next year to do a repeat run.

Happy Christmas all :D