Jump to content

Strange things

Recommended Posts

Lovely day gardening with my three girls ‘helping’. So it was time for a drink and I had a glass of sparkling white grape juice.  I spilt a little as I sat down and the girls lapped it up!  
I poured a little into my hand and they were all drinking from my hand! Not sure if it’s good for them but they certainly enjoyed it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is an old pheasant poachers trick to get them so drunk they can't fly or run away; soak grain in whisky and leave it for them to eat. We've had a few drunken chickens and if I remember correctly it was after they had eaten fallen pears. It doesn't take much alcohol before they stop moving and just stand staring into nothing.

Sure if the grape juice was alcohol free it won't be a problem, but sugar might upset their digestion? It might ferment in their crop though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...