Mrs Blue Sky

Holiday backup arrangements

We are off on hols this Thursday & won't be back until the 24th. My niece Jo is house/dog/chook sitting for us while we're away. She has been staying with us since August so she knows the ropes, but could I ask you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) to look out for postings from this name for the two weeks? I want to give her my login so that she has someone to discuss any potential henny problems with... I would like her to be able to get advice if she needs it. she knows where the vet is if anything major goes wrong though.

Thanks all - hope that's ok.

Lovely of you Clare, thanks so much. Will bring you a coconut :D

You know that thing you get before a holiday when you feel that the house has to be cleaner than it has ever ever been, and that the sky will fall in if you don't get all the laundry done, and that every accident and bad event possible has to be thought of and contingencies put in place in case of this and in case of that? Well I've got it :lol:

Lovely of you Clare, thanks so much. Will bring you a coconut :D

You know that thing you get before a holiday when you feel that the house has to be cleaner than it has ever ever been, and that the sky will fall in if you don't get all the laundry done, and that every accident and bad event possible has to be thought of and contingencies put in place in case of this and in case of that? Well I've got it :lol:

:lol: I do exactly the same, not so much for weekends away, when the neighbour checks onthe house/animals. But when I go away for longer, a friend comes to house-sit and I leave everything spotless for him - I need a holiday after that.

Are you going somewhere nice?

Nah. only....... TOBAGO!

We're packed now, only the hand luggage to do, with the children's in-flight amusement stuff and of course a big family-size bottle of Phenergan.

How I will laugh when I wake the children up at 4:45 on Thursday morning...

Hopefully they will sleep for some of the flight. If they don't I will have the Phenergan myself

:D:shock:

Thanks for all your lovely comforting messages. I am a bit stressy cos I've never been so far before, but I'll adjust I expect :D

I hope you have a fabulous time Heather, warm sun, sand relaxation- impossible not to I should suggest 8) . I'm sure Jo will do just fine with the chickens, but there's usually no shortage of friendly advice on here whether she's got chicken queries, or just wants a chat.

Enjoy the break, and do tell us all about it when you get back :D