Louise

Reliving the 1980's

The guess is almost right!! It all started when Lesley, Jane and I were first granted moderating powers. I used to say I'd go and wave my moderating wand then it progressed to a wand, cape and superpants pulled up over my tights in superwoman style and it's kind of grown since then - as has the description of my superpants! Now I'm SuperKate with superpants!

Just disappointed you big time, haven't I!!

Ho Hum...

It's taken me a while to get around to reading this thread but it's brought back some great memories. I got married in 1986 so that was a great year. I have to confess that the 80's didn't leave quite as much of a mark as the 1970's though. There was too much bouncy hair around!

I think my favourite song of the 80's was the 12" version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's 'Two Tribes'. That bit where they say... "if anyone should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside. But remember to tag them first for identification purposes'... Ahhhhh Happy days :lol:

Incidentally, be careful of the comments about my jokes otherwise I may have to inflict more :shock::wink:

Cheers

Jem

Being a teacher, I get to hear loads of silly names (I won't mention any of course :lol: ).

My favourites have to be the unusual ones....Noah, Felix, Martha....not sure I'd be brave enough to call any offspring of mine those though...

Best name ever heard of?

Annette Kerton.

(yes, really)!

Being a teacher, I get to hear loads of silly names (I won't mention any of course :lol: ).

My favourites have to be the unusual ones....Noah, Felix, Martha....not sure I'd be brave enough to call any offspring of mine those though...

Which is why my chicken was named Tallulah - couldn't inflict it on a child but I love the name :D

As for Annette Kertan........... :? Poor child!

Dan - stop lowering the tone :shock::lol:

When I was working at the school we had loads of Kayleighs! You were guaranteed to have at least one Kayleigh in each year group! We had an assortment of "fashionable" names plus some rather obscure biblical ones - Kayleb (not my spelling by the way!!) was one that springs to mind. We also had a George Harrison, a Mollie-Mai, several Ambers, a Dillon, a Kitty, a Seth and a Nora.

Where have all the Julie's, Wayne's, Gary's and Kevin's gone from when I was at school!

I am dealing with a claim involving a child called Heaven - just wait until she is 13 years old, fat lumpy with spots and greasy hair!

I also used to know twins called Porshe and Mercedes - poor things and Paul worked with a chap called Lloyd. Not bad you think, but his sister was called Natalie. Again, no problem, but their brother was Barclay - their dad was a bank manager........ :roll:

Neighbours from a previous house called their daughter Eden.

A girl from work called her first daughter Elle (but pronounces it Ellie) and the second one Layla (no chicken jokes please!)

Dan - glad you are lowering the tone!

I worked with a lovely German man whose surname was "Ooops, word censored!"e - of course the W was pronounced as V but the payroll lady, who sat next to me, insisted on pronouncing it with a W :oops: It didn't matter how many times I told her :oops: . She was always phoning through to his office nad asking for him in her own inimitable style :?