Sheilaz

Family Sayings

I remember the one about the little boxes on a hillside. You know the one....

Little boxes on the hillside,

Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,

Little boxes, little boxes,

Little boxes, all the same.

There's a green one and a pink one

And a blue one and a yellow one

And they're all made out of ticky-tacky

And they all look just the same.

:lol::lol::lol: - got that one stuck now :roll: !

I love that! I wish the boys were still little so I could sing that to them all day - at 11 and 14 it's a bit embarrassing for them, isn't it.

.........How much is that doggy in the window,

I do hope that doggy's for sale!...........

Don't mention Rolf :twisted: !! I heard the original version the other day (mine's vinyl :cry::cry: ) and it was lovely.....

I'm impressed! Now try right words but to a different tune.....um....how about

I saw a mouse there, there on the stair, where on the stair? Right there,

a little mouse with clogs on.....etc forgotten exactly, windmills, Amsterdam,

Or, as Charlot (17) likes to sing, " I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves,

I know a song that'll get on your nerves.............

We had the pleasure of seeing 'Im Sorry I haven't a clue' performed as the stage version to a packed house in Newcastle's Theatre Royal. I think the kids were about 6 & 8 and we all loved listening to it together on the radio. I checked with the theatre that the stage version was the same as the radio show - told 'just the same'

Well I don't know where she got her info from because our kids were the only ones I could see in the theatre and it was rather more adult than the radio version. Very funny if I could ignore the stares from outraged members of the audience boring into me when they spotted the kids. However, having brought them up nicely and censored what they watched on tv (easier 10 years ago) it all went over their heads and they didn't pick up on any of the inuendos. Not even the joke about the goat on the stairs and that made me blush. So a great evening all round but I'm glad the kids weren't a couple of years older and more knowing! :oops: