Clarabelle

Approx how long to deliver an eglu?

Hello everyone,

Thinking of ordering an eglu and hens next week as we have prepared the space in the garden for them today.

Has anyone ordered recently? How long does delivery take, roughly?

And should I go for one of each breed? I want really docile hens as I have a toddler and I've read a few posts which suggest that the Pepperpots can be bullies.

Thanks!

I had someone come to my hen party and their eglu arrived in a couple of days. I think it depends on the colour you want and what they have it stock

I would give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

I have two Pepperpots and haven't found them to be bullies.

Good luck.

Hi.We've had our chooks for 1 month now;we chose to have one of each and have found them to be delightful. They follow me around the garden and are easily rounded up for going back in the run. Our Miss Pepper Pot does appear to be top chook(there has to be one) and certainly has the more powerful peck but is the easier of the two to pick up.I would recomend you're careful of small fingers and quite big beaks,they can hurt a bit but mostly take you by surprize, which is ok for us but may upset a toddler,my son wears his gloves and he's 12!.Of course they are not being nasty just nosey;wanting to see what your holding etc.

Our Eglu came in 1 week,but I think interest is very high at the moment so that may mean more of wait.They are very helpful at Omlet and will do all they can for you.Good luck.

Hi again,

Thanks Bertie, a week sounds good, but I will be needing the chooks from them as well so it sounds as though I'm going to have to wait. I agree ajm200 - 5 weeks seems ages. I was hoping it would be sooner, but as nursechick rightly says, there is so much interest following all the media coverage lately.

Oh well, perhaps I'll ring up tomorrow and see what they say. I must admit, if there was a black rock breeder who would deliver to me in south-east Essex i would just get the Eglu. I really loved Mrs Miggins as well and she is a bluebelle.

Perhaps I'll get a copy of a poultry magazine and see if there is anyone who can help me with the chooks.

I'm waving hello as I see you are in Essex as is Nursechick! Hello!

I got my girls from Kirsty at www.hens4homes.co.uk - she's mad as a box of frogs and out in a lovely Essex village thats worth the drive to. She isn't an Eglu fan but is not too rude about them.

Check out the meet section - I'm organising an Esssex meet in May.

Hello, I have just ordered my Eglu too over the weekend! :D Ours is not being delivered until 11th march :cry: Could have had it a few days earlier, but wanted to not have to take a day off work.

In my head, I was thinking it was only going to be a few days!!! But I think that was me getting a bit overeggcited :wink:

I am going to have to contain myself for now, to trying to track down a bedding supplier locally and thinking up some decent chicken names (Gregory Peck and Yolko Ono are off the list already)

Hi, I had mine delivered last Thursday with a Gingernut and a Pepperpot. Delivery took around 2 weeks, but was much longer if I wanted a weekend delivery slot. It really depends on what other deliveries they have going on in your part of the world as they tend to deliver 4 or 5 eglus in a day. The pepperpot is definitely the top bird , but they are both getting along fine with each other.

Good luck - you wont regret it,

Dave.

I'm waving hello as I see you are in Essex as is Nursechick! Hello!

Hello! I gathered there were a few Essex girls and boys here. I'm Essex by postcode but actually in the London Borough of Havering.

I got my girls from Kirsty at www.hens4homes.co.uk - she's mad as a box of frogs and out in a lovely Essex village thats worth the drive to. She isn't an Eglu fan but is not too rude about them.

I've heard lots of good things about her, but we don't drive and I think it would cost quite a lot for her to deliver unfortuantely. Ah well....

I'll definitely have a look at the meetings section but I'm a bit restricted to destinations that are on train routes or close enough to cycle to.