Ziggy

Exciting time.... cube is here - UPDATED again

Hi all :D .... sorry to keep you all waiting....

The cube is green.... though strangely enough I spent the whole of last night dreaming it was blue!!! :shock:

We started putting it together last night but couldn't finish cause we need to do the rest in the garden (we had hoped it'd fit through our double garden door but it's just that little bit too wide), so will finish today...

DH made me laugh, I was all set to start, with my daughter all ready to help (they're her chickens, living in eglu at the moment and moving on to the cube), when he came to stand there with his power tool box. I said 'what are you doing?' and he pointed to the instructions and said 'look, it says you need 2 hours, a phillips screwdriver, and a friend with a cordless screwdriver.... that's me!!!'

We'll be out there finishing the job as soon as the sun has melted all the frost on the lawn...

It's all done... well it's built anyway, we just have to re-shape our permanent woodchip area a bit now, as it was shaped around the eglu... we'll do that tomorrow, and then let the chooks move in!!!

Uploading pictures in photobucket now... will be back shortly to post them on here... :)

Okie - here we go... there are a lot of pictures, not sure if it will all fit in...

First of all, here is the unpacking, with my DD2 in background reading the instructions...

IMG_1843.jpg

Now the work has started, and here are DD2, DD3 and DD4, inspecting the early works...

IMG_1844.jpg

Moving into the garden this morning, and putting the ladder on

IMG_1845.jpg

Building the run.... that was an awful lot of little green clips to put on!!!!

IMG_1847.jpg

Pompom... either thinking he's a chicken, or hoping for this to be for him!!

IMG_1849.jpg

Getting there... putting the sides up...

IMG_1850.jpg

Now that's one big chicken!!!! (DD3)

IMG_1851.jpg

The chickens waiting to move in.... under the careful supervision of Splodge...

IMG_1852.jpg

And finally, here it is in all it's glory... it was not too bad to build at all... the run is a bit fidly, but mostly because of the number of clips, rather than because it's difficult... DH is checking the last bits of the instructions (which just say 'fit accessories', and tomorrow we'll adapt our wood chip area and move Mac and Nugget in!!!! I love the look of the cube, the chooks can't free range often cause we get foxes all the time, so it will be so lovely for them to have all this extra space!!

IMG_1853.jpg

ditto, what a lovely conservatory AND garden. Gorgeous pusscats, too!

The mention of those little green clips has decided me ... I am going to order two more Omlet chickens with mine, just so I don't have to put the darn thing together! Those clips are the bane of my life.

It looks great Ziggy, well done.

The mention of those little green clips has decided me ... I am going to order two more Omlet chickens with mine, just so I don't have to put the darn thing together! Those clips are the bane of my life.

And mine! Not that I am a footballers wife type or anywhere close...but I have broken more fingernails wrestling with those blighters than enough. :?

I now replace them with cable ties.

I'm pondering on the extra couple of chickens myself. :lol: