Rolo Rabbit

Speckledy or bluebelle?

If your already getting a maran thats your dark eggs sorted so a Bluebelle would give you a nice contrast as their eggs are a pale pinky beige colour. In terms of difference between the two hybrids, they are both the same sort of size and temprement and number of eggs laid. So I think really it will just come down to which you find the most attractive. Fro me personally I think the Bluebelle is just about the most attractive hybrid their is.

Bluebelles are my favourite...

They're gorgeous big buxom girls, and mine have always been extremely friendly, reliable layers (frequently of double yolkers) and a real pleasure to have in the garden.

bluebelle's are absolutly nuts. but then so are speckledys. i have both and they are best pals. i love bluebelle a little more though as she is very curious and always sits on the windowsill watching us eat dinner and pecking at the glass for treats. they are prettier too. good whatever you chose really. tell us what you get

I have two bluebelles and they are super hens. They're really friendly and now they've moulted have really soft feathers. They're excellent layers and Muddles lays medium size eggs of a pale brown/pinkish hue and Starlet lays Longish, largish eggs with big speckles at one end!!!

They're quite big hens, but gorgeous!

I stood looking at both when I was buying - I went for the bluebelle as the coat was so pretty and she is my best most friendly hen that is forst to run a great me and will feed from my hand all day if I let her.

...but then you could get both!

Tracy