Guest Penguinmad

Grow your own veg - FREE EVENTS TOMORROW!

I know this should probably be over in Self sufficient life bit I think we could get a discussion going.

The RHS have a Grow your own Veg campaign going this year and TOMORROW (Sat 8th March) there are FREE events at their gardens. Even if you aren't fancying growing veg it's worth a visit as it gets you free admission to the gardens.

I'm going to Hyde Hall early tomorrow (free starter pack whilst stocks last!), there are childrens activities too and a farmers market and veg BBQ (I'm VERY worried that will be the most tempting bit of food I@ve seen in 6 months!!!).

There is also a lovely gyov site set up with videos and handy hints and tips. http://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/

Oh and if anyone is going to Hyde Hall - over the summer - why not let me know and I might be able to meet you there, seems like we are up there most weekends lately and one day we are planning to try WALKING there!

I've seen some of these mentioned too-am unlikely to go though as Dad isn't well at the minute, (better than earlier on in the week) and isn't up to doing much and I don't think Mum would particularly like to drive some of the interesting country lanes!