Martin B

Silent Night!

:D Hellloooo! But I'm only here for a few mins, Martin.

Glad you had a good time at Lesley & Carl's. I like the signature you have now, that mentions July. Does your Mum think it might be July too? :lol:

Perhaps before then you could visit the library & see if they have any chicken keeping books, that you could have a look at in the Easter holidays. (In between homework, of course! :wink: )

With that, and reading the forum, you'll be a real expert before they even arrive!

So am I, but I can't help thinking it's a bit sad, Saturday night used to be the big night out in my week.... now I've just finished watching Millionaire, and am catching up with the forum before a bath and bed. Somehow I think I lost the plot somewhere :roll:

ssh! :(

I've spent the night doing housework, cooking mother's day cake and updating my blog.

Where did it all go wrong?! :roll:

Ooops, better get saving then Martin, £8.50 is a good start, but it sounds like you'll have to put a bit of effort into your saving and fund raising schemes to meet the July target. It could be great timing though, just in time to have chickens running around the garden all through the summer holidays :D

:lol: Phew, I was feeling a bit mean that my son only had £36 a week as a student to buy everything, all his food etc

You could make yourself an Eglu shaped moneybox and put most of your money in there & don't touch it, just keep back enough for spending. It might help you save it.

Wonder what colour you would paint the Eglu money box!? :lol:

Not sure about second hand or new YET! However my Mum really likes the MK2 Green, my brother likes the MK1 GREENY-FLOWER and I like the PINK! Will most likely be going for a green one though!

Well as for chickens I really was impressed by the Gingernuts, they were so friendly and didn't mind me holding them. My brother likes the Miss Pepperpot, he likes their feather texture more than anything, he's a very arty person, and has already asked to design a label for egg boxes!! I definately want 3 chooks (even though my Mum says 2, she always gives in!) so Gingernut, Pepperpot and probably a blue egg layer, i think there is one called a sapphire, but I'll do more research!

Good Question though!

---Martin---

:lol: Phew, I was feeling a bit mean that my son only had £36 a week as a student to buy everything, all his food etc

You could make yourself an Eglu shaped moneybox and put most of your money in there & don't touch it, just keep back enough for spending. It might help you save it.

Wonder what colour you would paint the Eglu money box!? :lol:

Uh-oh don't let Murdo see this :shock::lol:

Sounds like a good combination, although all chickens are good :D

If you keep the in the run all the time you should probably get 2, although you could always buy a converter and get 3 or 4 :shock:

Don't tell your parents I said that :roll:

3 is more of a flock I think :D

Sounds like Murdo with the MD who makes all his decisions on colour for him :roll: Still if it means you get an eglu green is good :wink: Flowery ones are painted green ones, maybe your brother could paint it? :idea:

Edited by Guest