druids57

iTS HERE... But is this right??

Hi My purple eglu has arrived one day ahead of schedule! and despite pouring rain just had to put it together The egg port however seems really really stiff - i cant open it but hubby can with two hands - does this loosen a bit in time or am I doing something wrong? and can you shut hens in run to take eglu off to give a good clean or do you do this when they are out in the garden? I do hope someone can help Many Thanks in anticipation

Druid

Congratulations on your new cube Druids57!

One of my eglu egg ports is stiffer than the other but you should hear a loud cluck when it is locked.

I close the eglu door and then take the lid off the eglu to clean it out. Mind you, mine are usually free ranging when I clean they out and like to give me a hand :roll:

Try a drop of oil on the metal bar inside the egg port?

Congratulations on your new cube Druids57!

One of my eglu egg ports is stiffer than the other but you should hear a loud cluck when it is locked.

Mine does not cluck - should I send it back? :roll:

I seem to remember mine (on eglu not cube) was quite stiff when I first got it - either that or I have developed the correct technique - is it the handle that is stiff or the door fitting snugly?

I have 2 eglus and one of the eggport doors is much stiffer than the other. It takes me 2 hands to open it and hasn't got easier with use. If you are finding it very difficult, you might need to have a word with Omlet, but try Christian's suggestion first. I hadn't thought of that - just kept struggling for a year! :oops::oops::oops:

... The egg port however seems really really stiff - i cant open it but hubby can with two hands - does this loosen a bit in time or am I doing something wrong?

I had a similarly problematic egg port door

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20849

(Thread about this under Eglus and Cubes). In the end, I telephoned Omlet. It seems that the eggport doors are manufactured separately. Omlet sent me a replacement door in the post (arrived the next day) which works fine - I can open and close it with one hand - and I have washed the old one ready to post back to them.

Thank you all for your advice - we have tried wd40 but I still need two hands and dont think the grand daughters would ever be ever to open it. I cant wait to see their faces when they find an egg! I think i will ring omlet tomorrow and hopefully get a replacement door. Thanks again this forum it is a wonderful source of support

Druid