Martin B

Egg Money

Hia when I get my chickens and they start laying I want to sell them for £1.40. I have decided categories for money to be placed into!

Office- 20P This will go towards replacing egg boxes + other equipment

Chickens- 90p The chickens get most of the money going straight back to them! After all it was their hard work, and the money can buy them new things.

BHWT-30p from every egg sale goes to the BHWT as a donation!

Good Idea?

----Martin----

Will you be selling them in eglu 4x egg boxes or regular 6x egg boxes?

If £1.40 for 6 then, if you have customers happy to pay that, then go for it :D:D

I think it is common for people who sell their work (eg hand made quilts) or produce to undervalue their products.

Martin when you get your chickens you will have to get up really early in he summer to let them out.

I'm having to get up at 5.45am at the moment to open the eglu door and I am very tired and bad tempered.

You will be very tired if you stay up late and then have to get up early to let your girls out. Even if you leave their door open you will still have to get up to put the food and water in the run.

Martin,I don't think you will have enough eggs from 2 hens to sell :?

We have 6 hens,5 in lay,& we are managing to eat most of the eggs at the moment.

The new girls eggs are really,really small, so we eat those,then we have only 2 big ones a day which takes a while to add up to a half dozen to sell :?

By the time I have made a Frittata or Omlette every week, an egg fried rice, a cake & the girls have had boiled egg for breakfast ,there are only a few left over :lol:

I'm not a huge egg fan, so we always have loads left over too Louise. We do swapsies with next door, as he has a garden full of vege's.

Otherwise, they go into a cake (which I must stop eating otherwise I'll not fit through the front door soon :wink: )

Otherwise, they go into a cake (which I must stop eating otherwise I'll not fit through the front door soon :wink: )

I'm not sure that would have anything to do with the cakes, Gina........

:D:D:D

Have any other mothers given Gina the sad news about the post-birth body shape ie the likes of Liz Hurley are not normal.

Thats the great thing about baby slings - with one of those on (with baby inside for the authentic look :wink: ) the sad saggy tum is hidden :D

Martin I respect your planning and think your ideas sound great, but I think that you may be looking a bit too far ahead and getting a little carried away with your enthusiasm.

Even if your family don't eat many eggs now you may find that that changes when they start getting access to fresh eggs.... we used to eat eggs very rarely before chickens, but now that we can have truly delicious omelettes at the drop of a hat, or a quick super fresh poached egg on toast for sunday brekkie.... we do.... frequently :oops:

Fanily members who help you out with other things may feel a bit upset if they think that you are trying to make a profit out of them... and at the end of the day the amount that people will pay is dictated generally by what they can get for that money from the supermarket. £1.40 strikes me as being top end of the supermarket price range, and you might have problems selling at that price. You know, and we know that your eggs are superior to the supermarket varieties.... but don't expect everyone to understand that view.

That said, if you have a surplus and you've got enthusiastic, enlightened customers, then go for it... and the very best of luck :D