Karen & co.

Sprite has a tumour

Sprite one of my rescue girls has been rather quiet lately, she used to rush up behind you and peck legs trousers skirts or fingers :roll:

She stopped laying a few months ago, but is now beautifully feathered but quiet, today OH took her to the vets for me as I was at a funeral, as I was worried about her being slow out of the eglu for the last few mornings, and the vet said she has a large tumour on her reproductive tract :cry::cry:

OH is a real sweetie as he brought her home because he wouldn't let them put her down without me being there :(

At the moment she is wandering around the garden slowly in the sun, having a little rest and then another wander :(

Karen x

RIP dear Sprite.

:oops: That's really sweetchili pepper, I'm sorry to hear about Dot :(

Sprite is still very much alive at the moment, she seems well in herself, still eating and drinking, and enjoying the sunshine, she is so much slower than she was, and doesn't peck us anymore :?

I couldn't make the decision to have her put to sleep while she is as she is, but when and if she starts to go down hill then I'll take her, I couldn't bear her to suffer :(

Thank you to everyone for your lovely comments, I'll pop some photos of her on here, as her feathers although they took the longest to regrow are by far the most beautiful :D

Karen x