I let her stay behind the fridge/freezer for an hour and then we got her out and blocked up the access. Showed her where the food and water was and introduced her to her toilet facilities :) She seemed really nervous so we decided to leave her on her own in the kitchen for a while. When I went back half an hour later she was asleep on top of the radiator, not turned on, which seemed a really uncomfortable bed :shock: We took it in turns to go in every so often and talk to her and stroke her, and then it was time for bed so we just left her. When I got up this morning she was on the kitchen table. She has had a pee in the litter tray, but as yet we haven't seen her eat or drink, which is a bit worrying :( She spent about 15 minutes miaowing non stop :shock: have no idea why, does she want something? or is it just what she does? When she saw the dog, who as I suspected didn't show much interest, she stood up on her hind legs and stayed like that for ages, she looked like a Meercat :) She is so cute and adorable, she really likes sitting on my laptop when I'm trying to type :roll: I just wish she would eat and drink :pray:

Tessa

Do not worry Tessa, she will eat when she is hungry. Its a huge thing leaving home and she will take a little time to adjust and find her feet so to speak. Mine also stand well on there back legs, perhaps a Main Coon thing :lol::wink:

My Champion Maine coon Tilly loves sleeping on the radiator that we hang our kitchen towel on. its only a single radiator but that doesnt seem to bother her! Google will come out when ready. They can be vocal when they want attention - maybe shes "shouting" for her brothers and sisters _ i'm sure she will settle down and begin to eat over the next few days - maybe you could put her somwhere she feels secure ( like near your laptop which she likes) to give her food and water for a couple of days until she settles down and gets used to her new home. I'm sure it wont take her long to settle in! :D

Thanks for the advice guys. I got so worried this afternoon because she hadn't eaten that I phoned the breeder. He said exactly the same thing as you did, just not to worry she will settle down soon. In fact she has eaten a tiny amount, about 8 dried food chunks and a teaspoon of pouch tuna. She slept for about 7 hours straight during today, I kept on checking to see if she was still breathing :oops: it's worse than having a new baby :shock: She perked up earlier this evening and had a small game of pass the ball with a piece of screwed up paper :) At the moment she lives on the kitchen table, which is fine because it is quite large, so we'll see how she is tomorrow.

Tessa

Awwww little Google is getting used to her new place. Dont forget they like to sleep for 17 hours a day as cats, she probably wants reassurance and a bit of love. It will be all very scary for her at the mo Tessa, give her a week to settle and she will love you forever. :D

Ok, panic over :) She is now acting like a normal kitten :) She is eating everything we give her, drinking water and pooing and weeing in the litter box. She races round the kitchen looking for an escape route :roll: She has tried climbing up the venetian blinds :shock: she spent some time, when I wasn't watching, scooping earth out of a large house plant :evil: She arches her back and spits at the poor dog, she also drinks from the dog's water bowl and had a cheeky try at sharing the dog's breakfast, until I intervened. In short she is going to be fun :D I think it is time for her photoshoot, I have never posted a pic to the forum before, so talk amongst yourselves while I wrestle with technology :roll:

Tessa

I think it is time for her photoshoot, I have never posted a pic to the forum before, so talk amongst yourselves while I wrestle with technology :roll:

Tessa

Ooohhh, I can't wait for piccies...!!

This is wonderful, following Google's arrival and adventures, I almost feel like an Aunty or a proxy mum reading all of this!! :wink:

Thanks for admiration for Google. I too think she is adorable :) We were told she was tabby and white, but who knows. Her dad was a huge tabby and mum was a grey/cream colour, I love the markings on her face. She eats by scooping the food out with her paw and eating off it, just like Arthur did in that cat food ad. Perhaps I can make her a tv star.

Tessa

Thanks for admiration for Google. I too think she is adorable :) We were told she was tabby and white, but who knows. Her dad was a huge tabby and mum was a grey/cream colour, I love the markings on her face. She eats by scooping the food out with her paw and eating off it, just like Arthur did in that cat food ad. Perhaps I can make her a tv star.

Tessa

Hmmmm dont see any tabby markings on her :?

ooh she's gorgeous - I've been away for the weekend but nearly asked my friends if I could log on to their computer, to see if she'd arrived safely. (No, I resisted. That would just be sad, wouldn't it. :oops: )

She looks delightful and I am very :mrgreen:. Sounds like she is quite at home now! lucky, lucky you.

Bellekatz I think you are right, she certainly doesn't look anything like your tabby boy, who is very cute btw. I would love you to show her pic to your friend and see what she says. Thank you.

Tessa.

Will do - will let you know when she gets back to me :D

OKay - heard back from my friend ( who is Chairman of the Maine Coon Cat Club) and she says she is definitely Black Smoke and White! Did she come with a pink slip form the GCCF that you have to send off to have her transferred into your name? It should give a breed number on there whcih I can look up for you. She is so pretty - how is she settling in with the dog?

Oooh I think Black Smoke is a lovely description, thank you for getting this information for me. The breeder is sending me the pink slip as there was some problem with it, I think he had forgotten to sign it or something. I will send you the breed number when I receive it. Google is settling in just fine. She is obsessed with running water, she would live in the bath or bidet if I let her, and we have to remember to put the lid of the toilet down or she would be in there :shock: The dog is scared of her :D Google lies on the kitchen table and takes swipes at the poor dog as she plods around. She has periods of intense activity and then crashes out for a few hours until the next time :) Great fun.

Tessa